When, Where, and
Who to Contact
GLPA Member Only Photo Course
Visual Design and
by Ken Carlson, SPSA
Course completed for 2017
(GLPA members only)
Space is limited to 15 people
Register to attend
Questions about course?
This is the description for the course just completed. Check back in September for details about the course for next season.
GLPA offers a fall photo course for beginning members to help get them to understand the fundamentals of using your digital camera and producing better images. This course is designed for those photographers who understand the basics and have the desire to become a better photographer.
Ken Carlson will lead a four-session course to be held on Wednesdays, January 11, 18, 28, and February 1, 2016 covering visual design and composition and designed to help you become a better photographer. The sessions will be primarily lecture and demonstration images. Each class will end with a homework assignment for attendees to practice to covered topics. Classes 2-4 will include discussion of participants’ homework images. If weather permits we’ll include a field trip led by Ken Jordan, MNEC for participants to practice in the field together. Topics will include:
- Importance of the subject or story
- Introduction to visual design and elements
- Primary elements of design (Tone and Tonal and Color and Color Contrasts)
- Leading the viewer through your photograph
- Importance of the elements of design
- Secondary elements of design (Line, Shape of Form, Texture, Pattern and Perspective)
- Properties of visual design (Positive and Negative Space, Visual Weight, Tension and Balance)
The course is open to GLPA members only and has a limit of 15 participants on a first come first serve basis with payment of $35 to GLPA to offset costs of keeping the club open on these additional evenings. Instructor is an unpaid volunteer. Registrations will be accepted until the course is full (see instructions below). All registrations will be acknowledged by email upon receipt of the registration fee.
- Please use the on line registration link with PayPal payment option in the left panel
- If paying by check, mail your check payable to the Greater Lynn Photographic Association for $35 to:
173 Central Street
No. Reading, MA 01864
or pay Susan at the camera club
Want to take this course but not a GLPA member? Please visit this link to join: http://greaterlynnphoto.org/join.php
Email any questions to email@example.com
Ken Carlson, SPSA, Chairman